Workshop given by:
Eco de Geus at the VU Amsterdam, Building MF, Medical Faculty
Maximum participants: 15 PhD students
Subscription for this workshop:
* Epos students: For Free.
* Non-Epos members: 250 euro. Pls click on this paymentlink
and do not forget to register on the following link…
Registration is possible by clicking on this internetlink
This workshop will give participants:
- Knowledge of the functioning of the autonomic nervous system ANS and the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Insight in the link between emotional state and ANS activity.
- Knowledge of the most recent approaches and research designs in ambulatory assessment of autonomic, respiratory, and cardiovascular psychophysiology.
- Practical skills in ambulatory measurement of ANS activity with the Vrije Universiteit Ambulatory Monitoring System: VU-AMS
In two plenary lectures we will outline the organisation and functioning of the autonomic nervous system and the respiratory and cardiovascular system and how their activity is reflected in peripheral physiological signals. The lectures are followed by two practicals where you record the ElectroCardioGram, ImpedanceCardioGram, Skin-conductance, Respiration, and Accelerometry on each other and extract parameters that can be used to index psychological processes (e.g. mental load, emotion and stress). The main principles and strategies for data analysis will be covered in the lectures and applied in the practicals to the self-recorded ambulatory data-sets.
To prepare in advance, consider take a quick tour through the VU-AMS website at www.vu-ams.nl. Watch the video instruction movie with instructions on how to attach the VU-AMS device.
Vrije Universiteit, Department of Biological Psychology
Building MF (Medische Faculteit)
Van der Boechorststraat 7
1081 BT, Amsterdam
10:30 – 12:00 Lecture Autonomic Nervous System (MF building room A507)
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch (at the department of Biological Psychology)
13:00 – 16:00 Practical: VU-AMS data collection (Transitorium building -2)
10:00 – 12:00 Lecture ANS measurement (MF building room B038)
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch (MF building room B038)
13:00 – 15:00 Practical PEP and RSA scoring (MF building room B038)
15:00 – 16:00 Perspectives and closing discussion (MF building room B038)